An HVAC contractor provides a variety of services that keep HVAC systems up and running for many years — something you will need if you want to stay comfortable. HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. These systems provide air and heat circulation year-round and are made up of large units like indoor and outdoor units, as well as heat pumps, furnaces, and boilers.
What is an HVAC contractor?
These contractors are also often referred to as HVAC technicians. They provide services from the selecting and buying phase of HVAC systems to the installation and maintenance phase that spans the lifetime of the system.
In our company, technicians also help customers decide on the right equipment for the size of their house, as well as the cooling and heating needs of the family living there.
Since the technician is with the customer from the beginning stages of owning an HVAC system, a trusting, reliable relationship is often established, something that makes it easier to schedule routine maintenance calls. Because the HVAC technician is well-acquainted with the chosen system, they can provide all the services necessary to keep the system running smoothly and efficiently.
Reasons to install a new system
Anyone who needs a new HVAC system will need to hire a contractor to install it. A home is in need of a new HVAC system when:
- The house itself is a new construction
- There is a plan to sell an existing home with an outdated unit
- Existing HVAC equipment is broken, inefficient or requires multiple repairs
- There is a plan to purchase a home with the hopes of starting fresh on an HVAC unit
- There is a desire to reduce utility bills
- The rest of the house has been updated, and the existing HVAC system distracts from newness
- An HVAC technician suggests it is time to upgrade
Pick the right contractor
We suggest hiring our company, but we know that not everyone is in our service area. Before settling on an HVAC contractor, it is important to weigh the options. There are a few steps that can be taken to solidify the decision:
- First, contact two to three local reputable and licensed HVAC contractors to set up an appointment
- Allow each contractor to visit the home and provide advice and an estimate
- The contractor should request a list of information regarding the home’s needs before providing an estimate
- After receiving an estimate and discussing what will be included, choose an HVAC technician based not only on the cost but also on their perceived interest in the job, reliability, and expertise
- Possibly have a trusted friend or coworker help with the decision, and be sure to look up online reviews from previous customers
The next steps in the process
After an HVAC technician is chosen, the specs of the needed HVAC unit will be ironed out and set in stone, and an installation will be scheduled. Afterward, remember that all HVAC systems require routine maintenance. These inspections and maintenance appointments should occur preferably twice a year: before the warm seasons and before the cold seasons.
Hire someone you trust
Finding a high-quality HVAC contractor is as important as finding a family doctor or a dependable mechanic you can count on.
For more information on how we can help you, or to schedule an appointment with us, call(325) 225-4115. Our office is located in Abilene. Call Bevill's Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today.